Currently reading
Printer disappears in Synology Assistant

NAS
DS-718+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
My DS-718+ has a static IP address and I use it as a print server for a Brother HL-2240 printer. The printer is USB only. I added it to Synology Assistant and then added the printer to the relevant computers that would print to it. After a while of working fine, several computers couldn't print anymore. I went into Synology Assistant and found that my printer was gone. I re-added it, but I'm wondering if there is more I should do to ensure it isn't dropped again.

Thoughts?

My DS-718+ has a static IP address and I use it as a print server for a Brother HL-2240 printer. The printer is USB only. I added it to Synology Assistant and then added the printer to the relevant computers that would print to it. After a while of working fine, several computers couldn't print anymore. I went into Synology Assistant and found that my printer was gone. I re-added it, but I'm wondering if there is more I should do to ensure it isn't dropped again.

Thoughts?
Keep in mind that with DSM7 complete support for 3rd party devices via usb will be terminated (apart access to HDDs).

Are you running dsm 7 already by any chance?

Is the printer registering in the control panel

Upvote 0
I'm not on DSM 7 for a variety of reasons and may not get there as a result of the drop of 3rd party devices. One of the reasons I bought a Synology product was for printer service.

The printer is registered in control panel and control panel reports it as accessible.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.