Problem of permissions member and rename or re-create the defaults folders on DS415Play

Currently reading
Problem of permissions member and rename or re-create the defaults folders on DS415Play

NAS
DS415Play
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hello everyone ,

I have a problem assigning permissions on the photo folder created by default when the NAS is turned on for the first time.
I would like to assign personalized authorization to a member who says that they can do anything except delete a folder but as you see in the screenshot the option is grayed out.

Besides, I would like to know if there is a way to rename or delete these 3 default folders (music, photos, video) in order to have exactly the same folder names that I have in my PC when I synchronize .

Rusty

NAS Support
www.blackvoid.club
NAS
DS718+, DS918+, 2x RS3614RPxs+
Router
  1. RT1900ac
  2. RT2600ac
  3. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Besides, I would like to know if there is a way to rename or delete these 3 default folders
These folders are installed for the 1st time when you install certain apps that depend on it/use them. Removing them would break certain functions. On the other hand, some apps are not obligated to use those folders so it's a bit of hit&miss.

Looking at the picture, are you trying to configure these permissions using an admin class account or a simple user one?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.