Currently reading
Problem with network centre

Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have recently updated to mac os 11.3. Coincidental to this, although my RT2600ac seems to function normally, the network centre hangs with the spinning cube thing. It doesn't show the graphic with connected devices and their traffic. Also threat prevention appears to not be working. I wonder if anyone else has experienced such problems?

I have recently updated to mac os 11.3. Coincidental to this, although my RT2600ac seems to function normally, the network centre hangs with the spinning cube thing. It doesn't show the graphic with connected devices and their traffic. Also threat prevention appears to not be working. I wonder if anyone else has experienced such problems?
I'm on 11.3.1, and haven't noticed any problems of that nature.

Thanks. A reboot sorted it. However the problem does return. It seems to happen when citrix receiver, which my wife has to use for work, crashes.

I have come to the conclusion that the database on the memory card was corrupted. I have replaced this with another card that I formatted. This was difficult because the mac OS disc utility doesn't seem to include a readable format now.

I cooked a USB3 thumb drive on the RT2600ac. I replaced it with a USB pocket HDD which is massively over-capacity but has been faster enough and reliable. All it does is system and TP DB, logging, and reports. The HDD sits neatly, under the router.

Also, though the router doesn't monitor or react to UPS signals I have it on a UPS. I don't enable Write Cache Support as that could lead to corruption if the power is lost suddenly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.