Currently reading
Solved Problems Mapping Network Drive from Windows to Second NAS

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi, just about finished setting up a new DS918+, and will now use my old DS414 as a backup for the 918. I've always mapped to the shared folders on the NAS from Windows, but I can't map drives to both NASes from Windows 10 at the same time. I'm getting the following error in Windows "The network folder specified is currently mapped using a different user name and password". Both NAS boxes contain the same user accounts & associated permissions, and the shared folders have the same names on both boxes (video, photo, music, etc). So I can map \\ip_of_NAS1\music, but then can't map \\ip_of_NAS2\music until I delete the map of \\ip_of_NAS1\music. Doesn't make sense to me as both have different ip addresses of course. If I rename the first mapped drive from"music" to "backup-music" it makes no difference. Stumped so any help appreciated.

CMD as Administrator
then:
Code:
net use
it will show your active shared connections, like this:
1587628981201.png

when you will see in this list the problematic NAS2 Remote source, possible with status different from "OK", then you need use commands:
Code:
net use /delete \\patho-to-the-NAS2
net use /delete $DRIVE_LETTER:
if there isn't the problematic NAS2, you can continue to:
Code:
net use LETTER: \\YOUR-NAS-PATH\Shared-folder-name password /user:USERNAME-in-NAS2 /persistent:yes /savecred
Understanding of the code:
- LEETER is a letter of your Drive - how your remote host will be mapped to your WinOS, e.g. "S:", don't forget use colon
- YOUR-NAS-PATH & Shared folder name, e.g. \\192.168.10.128\Video
- password - password for your user account in the Remote host
- persistent:yes ... when you need keep a persistence of connections created with the net use command = after each login to your system automatically. You can use also "no" parameter.
- savecred ... when you need save the user/psw to Win Credentials ... recommended with the "persistence:yes" parameter

Smart help:
you don't need to use "password" and "user" parameters, when you were already connected to the remote host.

-

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.