Problems with docker after DSM 7.0.1-42218 Update 3

Currently reading
Problems with docker after DSM 7.0.1-42218 Update 3

So yesterday I updated my DS920+ to update 3. After rebooting it all seemed fine. But!
I'm running a barotrauma dedicated server in docker on the NAS. And after the update/reboot the server is not accessible anymore from outside the NAS. Nothing seems to have changed. The logs from booting the docker container are identical to before the update.

I tried:
-Rebooting the NAS
-Restarting the container.
-Deleting the container and creating a new one from the image (with and without imported settings from pre update)
-Deleting container AND image and redownloading and recreating everything
-Uninstalling Docker from DSM and redownloading and recreating everything

I have the feeling that maybe the network bridge is bugged (container running bridge mode, have yet to try direct access)
The ports are configured fixed (not auto) 1-1 same portnumbers both udp and tcp.
There are no other containers running at the moment.

Might this be something in the latest update? I dont really know what else to try anymore.

Solution
Ok in that case this raises another question. How is this configured for "external" access and what error exactly do you get?
I got it working! What I did is create a new network in the docker software, and switched the container over to that network, Now it works!
the default "bridge" network seems bugged. I get no errors, just that the container is not reachable from outside.
Good troubleshoot. Try and connect to the container itself and access a public destination to see if the Internet communication is working. If not, it could be a reverse proxy problem (if the service is configured that way), or docker network to host network problem.

Upvote 0
Good troubleshoot. Try and connect to the container itself and access a public destination to see if the Internet communication is working. If not, it could be a reverse proxy problem (if the service is configured that way), or docker network to host network problem.
The container itself (when first launched) downloads a bunch of components (from steam etc). This works as expected. So I think I can safely assume the container itself has internet

Upvote 0
Ok in that case this raises another question. How is this configured for "external" access and what error exactly do you get?
I got it working! What I did is create a new network in the docker software, and switched the container over to that network, Now it works!
the default "bridge" network seems bugged. I get no errors, just that the container is not reachable from outside.

Upvote 0
Solution

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.