Currently reading
Problems with Synology Photos indexing

NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I've been using Synology Photos but have always had issues with it not indexing newly added photos. New photos get added directly via a file system copy/move and not through the Synology app. Some information about my setup that may be useful.

Device: DS214play
DSM: 7.1.1-42962 Update 5
Synology Photos version: (auto updates)
Photos folder: mounted at boot up via scheduled task
Bash:
mount --bind /volume1/homes/jmathai/Dropbox/Photos /volume1/homes/jmathai/Photos

Even manually clicking "reindex" from the Synology Photos UI doesn't pick up new photos. Neither does manually indexing via the Indexing Service.

I have tried running a script that replicates what the button in the Synology Photos UI does without consistent luck. GitHub - jmathai/synology-photos-reindexer: Simple script to call Synology Photo's reindex API that can be scheduled to run periodically.

Is there something about my setup that could be causing the indexing to not work?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.