PSA of sorts for DS2415+

Currently reading
PSA of sorts for DS2415+

NAS
DS2415
Had a DS2415+ for a while and one day it stopped working. Not sure what happened to it but when tried to boot it up again it would not start and had the status light and power light blinking along with 3 drive bays solid and the rest blinking. Had synology send me a replacement and this is where it got interesting. I tried to put back the original crucial memory I had in the old non functioning synology and the replacement synology would not start. Removed it and it worked. I know the crucial memory I got was one that was recommended on the old synology forums so that's why I opted to use that. Now it wouldn't work so I thought it probably went bad and had it RMA'd. While waiting I purchased another stick same spec and this new one came and same issue. The replaced synology would not start with that crucial memory.

So 2 things in this post. 1. The Crucial 8GB 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3L 1600 (PC3L 12800) Laptop Memory Model CT102464BF160B would not work. 2. Anyone know of another memory module that would? I don't feel like dropping $300 for a module that's synology branded.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back