Questions about Chat

NAS
DS3018xs
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hello everyone,

first wanted to greet all the members that are here in the forums. I registered today, but I have been reading this page for a while now.

In general, I'm quite familiar with Synology products and have experimented with some of them. I also have a Photostation for my relatives and the Chat Server up and running.

Since I find the chat very useful, I would like to get into the bots topic. Scripting is new territory so I'm depending on some tips from the experienced users here.

Here are my questions which hopefully can be answered:

Where can I get more information about bot creation? I've already read the support documents, but I can't really figure it out.
Where do I insert scripts that have already been posted here? Snippets?
Does anyone know of a source where you can find ready-made scripts? Github?
For example, how can I have a bot congratulate a user on his birthday?
Can the bot automatically send calendar entries in a shared calendar to a group of users?
I would be very grateful if you would support me on this topic!

Greets Martin

welcome here!
re Syno Chat - I was maybe last man standing with the Syno Chat in this forum. It was great until I have tried Rocket Chat in docker. Then I shut down the Syno Chat.
You can find everything what you need here
Now I have 4 independent instances for independents groups and really lot of advantages than Syno Chat can provide.
There is also possible boot scripting and really better community support.

welcome here!
re Syno Chat - I was maybe last man standing with the Syno Chat in this forum. It was great until I have tried Rocket Chat in docker. Then I shut down the Syno Chat.
You can find everything what you need here
Now I have 4 independent instances for independents groups and really lot of advantages than Syno Chat can provide.
There is also possible boot scripting and really better community support.

Hello Jeyare,

i know rocket.chat and tried it to install it like you do it in your great tutorial. But i rent also a vserver on ionos. Its a german cloud provider. Unfortunatly have ionos a big problem with the docker app i will use. So i installed a centos 8 with Plesk. After serveral fails to install rocket.chat im frustrated and went back to the syno chat. I will use this vserver for rocket.chat due performance problems on my synology where i run a complete CA Client Automation envoriment. Its possible that you give me any support for the installation on CentOS?

Many thanks for your reply!

best way for the Rocket. Chat help is open new thread, because ordnung muss sein.
Then you have these choices:
1. continue in Rocket.Chat thread, when you need a help for dockerized version running in Syno NAS. It’s really easy and you will get support here.
2. make new thread here re: Rocket.Chat direct installation for CentOS. btw did you follow this official guide?
3. wait for some, who will provide answer in this thread, but from my side you will wait too long, because no one will use Syno Chat (as me) when there is better alternative.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.