Questions about replacing failing drive on DS212

NAS
DS218+ 8GB RAM, DS212
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have an old DS 212 (yes, still kicking!) that has two 2TB drives in one pool using SHR.

One of the drives is failing. I'm going to replace both of the current 2TB drives w/new 4TB drives so this unit (which is my backup unit) has the same capacity as my main NAS (DS218+/4TBx2).

Just wanted to confirm the process and results:

1. Turn off NAS, remove 2nd failing drive, insert new 4TB drive
2. Turn on NAS, start the repair to add the new drive to the pool

When that's done:

1. Turn off NAS, remove 1st drive (which is still working), insert new 4TB drive
2. Turn on NAS, start the repair to add the new drive to the pool

Just wanted to confirm that I'll end up w/each drive recognized for 4tb storage following above approach.

Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.