Currently reading
DSM 7.1 Quick ABB question

NAS
Synology DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I heard somewhere that once Active backup for business runs, it only backs up files that have changed since the last one, is this true. Just wondering since I also have another instance setup for continuous backup. TIA

Though if a task is running and gets halted for too long then it will be cancelled. The next time the task runs the full backup with be done or at least that's what it has looked like (the task status says it's done X GB of the PC's currently used, rather than a few changed GBs). In a recent-ish update to ABB the timeout to cancel a task was extended to 72 hours, from 48 hours. That should get you over the weekend.

12. Increased the retry duration for personal computer and physical server backup tasks. The system will retry backup until 72 hours after a device is disconnected.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.