Quick connect doesn't work

Currently reading
Quick connect doesn't work

NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Hi there,

I bought a synology NAS few days ago, all works great except Quick connect which normaly is simple to set up. I don't make it to connect in the internet however I can connect in local network perfectly, I tried to set up router but the check network connection say it

"no UPnP router was found. Please click next to proceed to manual installation"

what I couldn't do it because my router is not listed so I set up port-fowarding rules manually on my router but I'm not sure that I set up well.

So I set up a static ip adresse, the firewall is disabled, I put static ip in DMZ, the ports DSM intern and extern are set up. What did I miss ?

so I set up port-fowarding rules manually on my router
That's the proper way. Never let the NAS set forwarding on your router. Understand what each port forward does/why it is needed. UPnP should be disabled.
So I set up a static ip adresse, the firewall is disabled, I put static ip in DMZ
I'm not exactly sure what you are doing here, but you should never put the NAS in DMZ.

And disabelong the firewall is like asking “please hack me “.
There is no reason I can think of to use quickconnect on the local lan. It just slows the connection.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.