Radarr docker doesn't move downloads; sonarr does

Currently reading
Radarr docker doesn't move downloads; sonarr does

NAS
DS4l8play, DS202j, DS3623xs+, DSM 7.3.3-25847
I have both radarr and sonarr dockerized and working with a qbttorrent docker. The odd thing is that radarr downloads are never transferred to my /movies folder, while sonarr dutifully moves completed downloads to the /tv folder. Both /tv and /movies folders are under the same shared folder, as is /downloads, the qbttorrent target folder.

Folder ownership is the same for both radarr and sonarr and AFAIK, the settings seem to match, as do the container PUID/PGID values.

I see nothing in the logs that even suggests a transfer was attempted. And the download remains within the /downloads folder.

This is a minor nuisance as I seldom download via radarr, but I'm perplexed.

Any thoughts here... I'm on 6.2.4 with updated Docker and radarr image.

I do my downloads with NZBGet. I made sure the incomming folder is mapped into identical container folders in NZBGet and Sonnar to have the paths alligned in both services. Maybee Radarr requires this as well? I know that Sonnarr has a feature to map remote paths to "fix" the incosistency between the path the downloader reports the file beeing stored and the path where it is mounten on in the "sonarr system".

Maybe try and force a different user just to see if it’s gonna make a difference
Just tried that. No difference.
I made sure the incomming folder is mapped into identical container folders in NZBGet and Sonnar to have the paths alligned in both services
I have qBittorrent, sonarr, and radarr all mapped to a common /downloads folder. Within qbittorrent, sonarr and radarr are "categories" that create subfolders within the /downloads folder... /downloads/sonarr; /downloads/radarr

I have half a mind to stop the container, delete the config folder contents and start again.

Last edited:
Well... I figured out something... I was toying around with the Download Client settings and noticed when I "tested" QBT I got a warning that QBT was set to "remove torrent" when seeding was complete. When I changed this to "pause torrent" the QBT test passed [Note: QBT has been working all along].

Based on @one-eyed-king 's post, I also added the "Remote Path Mappings" (these were blank on both radarr and sonarr). This pretty much duplicated the container's volume mappings...

n8M0D6M.png

With these 2 changes, the movie transferred after download.

With this success, I changed the torrent setting (on QBT) back to "remove torrent", and the post-download transfer failed.

When I have the time, I'll delete the Remote Path Mappings and see if the post-download transfer is affected.

Through all this, I realize that there are apparently subtle differences between sonarr and radarr.

Last edited:
beeing from the same "shop" would share the same core functionality and thus behave identicaly
So did I, and that's what made this so vexing to troubleshoot. That said, the "Settings" sections differ in some details (apart from tv's seasonality). It was luck that I stumbled on this when deciding to "test" the QBT downloader settings.

EDIT1: I deleted the Remote Path Mappings and the post download transfer ran fine. It all came down to a setting in Qbittorrent...

DGowYkn.png

"Remove torrent" prevented the transfer. I don't actually use 200 minutes, so either radarr chokes on "Remove torrent" or the torrent removal occurred before radarr checked the download folder for completion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.