Radarr Folder Permissions

NAS
DS-918
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hello, I'm running the Synocommunity Radarr package, and it's telling me Radarr can't see a directory and I need to adjust the folder's permissions. However, when I check the folder's permissions everything looks correct. I've checked the permissions through File Station by right clicking the directory in question. I've also checked them with chmod. However, I haven't found anything that explicitly states what the permissions are supposed to be. Is there somewhere I can find this information?

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Unfortunately, according to this permissions are set correctly. So I'm confused as to why I'm getting this error.

Thanks for the help.

Error is
2021-05-30 10:57:10.1|Error|DownloadedMovieImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Radarr:

ls -las for directory in question is:
0 drwxr-xr-x 1 admin users

This matches the permissions for the directory Sonarr uses, and Sonarr has no issues.

Ah, I skipped remote path mappings. Could have sworn I opened the setting in Sonarr to copy it. Thanks!

Ah, I skipped remote path mappings. Could have sworn I opened the setting in Sonarr to copy it. Thanks!
Hi,
I am having the same issue as you, yet I have added the remote path mappings already. Sonarr works fine, Radarr not so. Folder permissions all seem correct.

Last edited:
I joined just to say I have the same problem too. I appear to have Sonarr working fine in DSM7 but Radarr refuses to work. I had reinstalled Radarr from scratch but no matter what I do, I can't get Radarr to add my movies folder.

My movies are on my video share which I granted full access to sc-radarr however despite this, I continue to get the following error:

Invalid request Validation failed:
-- Path: Folder is not writable by user sc-radarr

Anyone managed to get around this or is it a case of waiting for a fix?

If it's relevant, I'm having to use SABnzbd running on a Raspberry Pi but I've matched up the remote folders under download clients.
-- post merged: --

Naturally, the moment I write something on a forum, I seem to manage to find a way around it. While I could add the /volume1/videos as a Radarr folder, I couldn't add /volume1/videos/movies as a Radarr folder, getting the error mentioned above. However, if I added the sc-radarr user access to the specific movies subfolder, it then has decided to work. To me, this makes no sense as it implies the subfolder isn't inheriting the permissions of the parent. Any ideas why that would be happening?

@WootzUK
Changing unix permissions, remove user, group create, group remove, add user to group etc. is no longer supported in DSM 7. So your issues are probably related to that.

More info here.

If you open the package as a zip file, you can have a look at e.g. script/installer etc. for details.

If you have a model that supports Docker you can also use Docker as an alternative.

@WootzUK
Changing unix permissions, remove user, group create, group remove, add user to group etc. is no longer supported in DSM 7. So your issues are probably related to that.

More info here.

If you open the package as a zip file, you can have a look at e.g. script/installer etc. for details.

If you have a model that supports Docker you can also use Docker as an alternative.

Thanks for the reply. Sadly my model doesn't support Docker so I've been having to try to find solutions while DSM 7 versions of these packages were made available. It does look like unix permissions are still supported in DSM 7 in some way as I had been SSHing to my NAS and using chmod where some permissions had got broken elsewhere. I expect this is all related however as I can only guess that I've broken the inherited permissions at some point.

I think I've fixed this by going to the share in File Station, right clicking the share and selecting Properties. Then go to Permissions and just tick the "Apply to this folder, sub-folder and files" and then Save. This should in theory fix any of my broken inheritances.

I do now wonder about the permissions which get set on the downloaded/moved files by SABnzbd/Radarr/Sonarr now. Should I have the change permission to 755 on there? It seemed that Plex refused to see the files without that being set previously.

Last edited:
@WootzUK
I meant:
Changing unix permissions, remove user, group create, group remove, add user to group etc. is no longer supported in DSM 7 while installing/upgrading/deleting a package.
For safety reasons, the package installer no longer runs as the root user so this is no longer supported.
I'm very sorry for the confusion!
-- post merged: --

@WootzUK
I just installed the package myself and it seems the package does not do any of the operations I mentioned earlier. So all directories and permissions need to be set from DSM itself. The package runs as the sc-radarr user so it should work if you set the rw permissions on the Radarr root folder. I have tested this and it seems to work for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.