RAIdrive doesn't work anymore-Port forwarding problem?

Currently reading
RAIdrive doesn't work anymore-Port forwarding problem?

NAS
DS218
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I am using a Palo Alto Networks firewall, PA440 at home, and a PA460 at work.
Using RAI drive at work and trying to connect to my DS218 at home.
My synology client drive works fine. Using xxxx.synology.me, user and pass and it connects and syncs my files.
What doesn't work is the RAIdrive. not sure why, I tried everything:
1. tried the external static IP of my home IP
2. tried xxx.synology.me:5006
3. tried xxx.quickconnect.to:5006

None worked, not sure what else to do.
I went to Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router and checked my IP and port 5006 and it's open.

Any idea's what could be wrong?

I am using synology drive, not sure what port that uses, but I think it uses name.quickconnect.to but not sure the port.
I think it's my firewall because it worked fine before replacing my firewall.
-- post merged: --

I think the other problem is, I turned on 2fa on my NAS, so perhaps it can't authenticate using 2fa as it doesn't prompt for the 2nd form of authentication.

The Synology Drive mobile app uses Web ports, but the Synology Drive desktop client uses a non-Web service (TCP 6690). This is a proprietary connection between Synology clients/apps and server.

I've not heard of RAIdrive, does it claim to support Synology Drive? Or are you trying to access the NAS data using WebDAV, SFTP, or some other file sharing service?

On the PAN NG FW have you got some application aware rules that could be stopping the access?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.