Currently reading
Raidrive + Webdav connection problem

NAS
DS418
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hello. I use Raidrive app. to mapp and access the NAS folders remotely. Recently I had to move my NAS to another location and I have the following network configuration:
Router 1 (connects to the internet) - Router 2 (wire connection to router 1) - NAS (connected to router 2)
Unfortunately with this configuration I cannot make the webdav to work. I think its a port forwarding issue.
Router1 has fixed ip (8x.xx.xxx.xxx)
Router2 has local ip (192.168.1.xxx)
NAS has local ip (192.168.2.xxx)
In Raidrive configuration, if I set the the fixed ip (8x.xx.xxx.xxx) it will not connect.
Is there a way that webdav can function in this environment?

So R1 is ISP router i’m guessing? If so it should have its own on ip address.

How is exactly R2 connected to R1? WAN or LN port?

Can you give a bit more info on the configuration of those routers?

One idea is to make a new R1 LAN IP address that you will use as a DMZ ip address on R1.

That same IP can then be configured on your R2 as a ip address for its WAN port.

in that case all tragic from the internet via R1 will pass through to your R2 and you can do port forward and firewall settings on that device alone, eliminating another point to do the same.

Hi. The R1 router is a normal router (not ISP) that has other devices connected on LAN ports. I connected my R2 router to R1 since I wanted to create my own local network, separated from the existing one.
The cable that connects R1 and R2 is plugged LAN on R1, and WAN on R2.
If I configure DMZ on R1 will it affect the other devices that are plugged in to R1 router?

Ok so R1 is not isp router but it your internet gateway?

I ask because the way you connected them tells me that it is. Also that ip address of its points to a public range.

If I configure DMZ on R1 will it affect the other devices that are plugged in to R1 router?
no it wont

Did the recent WebDAV update help?
72b8SLr.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.