Currently reading
Re-Mounting USB Drive - RT2600ac

Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
So I’ve just bought the RT2600 and attached a WD portable USB drive to it. It’s formatted for MacOS extended and everything is working great and very quickly for streaming to my AppleTV.

Hibernation must not be supported as logs show it’s waking up every ten minutes through the night. I can eject from the interface but cannot mount it back up without unplugging and plugging the drive.

I’ve enabled SSH and messed around with it, but all of the relevant command lines are disabled. It’s such a small little problem but it’s becoming a point I’m determined to solve!

I think the solution might be installing a package that gives more SSH access. Anyone come across a solution?

I think the eject button on the side of the router will eject all USB/SD devices, not just the drive connected to the side USB port. Not that this helps you but it's quicker than logging in.

If you're going to use Threat Prevention package then you'll have to have a permanently connected storage device as this package requires it. And then you shouldn't use that eject button ... ever.

Are you using Media Server to stream to an app on your Apple TV? It could be the Media Indexing is stopping hibernation.

Personally I don't hack my perimeter security device

Yeah I would agree with fredbert and assume it is doing some form of indexing for Media Server or Plex (whatever it is that you use). Plex is notorious for constantly scanning for changes to the library, most of these media servers likely do. I wouldn't be poking possible Swiss cheese holes in your security to solve some minor issue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.