Status
Not open for further replies.
NAS
920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Installed Synology Photo (DSM7) on the Synology and the corresponding app on my tablet and smartphone. Managed to index the /photo to show in the shared space.
So far so good.
When I login with a user account form the admin group I see all my photos in the shared space. But these accounts have R/W access and are able to delete photos. So I created an user account called kijker1 that belongs to the group users.

I gave the user kijker1 RO access to /photo., and also allowed this user to use the Photo application.
But logged in on my tablet or smartphone, nothing shows up in the shared space.

Question : Is it possible to permit Read Only access within Synology Photo?

Attachments

• applications.png
    applications.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 37
  • permissions.png
    permissions.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 34
Having the same problem, just want family users to have Read-Only access to the 'Shared Space' ( /Photo ).
From the Photos app (as admin) I gave them the "Entry" permissions but nothing happens, but if they have "Management" permission then they can see all the photos but also delete them.

I've created a Ticket to Synology and they are aware of the issue but dont have any solution except to manually create an share-link for every folder and subfolder under the /photo path.

Maybe if more ppl report this to synology they will fix it.

Attachments

• syno1.JPG
    syno1.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 47
Having the same problem, I can`t add permission.

Or move to a docker app? :D
I use piwigo. Historically (and on DSM 6.x) when using DS Photos my wife and anyone else with a non admin account would lose access to the photos after updating DS Photos to a new version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back