Status
Not open for further replies.
NAS
920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Installed Synology Photo (DSM7) on the Synology and the corresponding app on my tablet and smartphone. Managed to index the /photo to show in the shared space.
So far so good.
When I login with a user account form the admin group I see all my photos in the shared space. But these accounts have R/W access and are able to delete photos. So I created an user account called kijker1 that belongs to the group users.

I gave the user kijker1 RO access to /photo., and also allowed this user to use the Photo application.
But logged in on my tablet or smartphone, nothing shows up in the shared space.

Question : Is it possible to permit Read Only access within Synology Photo?

Attachments

• applications.png
    applications.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 34
  • permissions.png
    permissions.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 31
Having the same problem, just want family users to have Read-Only access to the 'Shared Space' ( /Photo ).
From the Photos app (as admin) I gave them the "Entry" permissions but nothing happens, but if they have "Management" permission then they can see all the photos but also delete them.

I've created a Ticket to Synology and they are aware of the issue but dont have any solution except to manually create an share-link for every folder and subfolder under the /photo path.

Maybe if more ppl report this to synology they will fix it.

Attachments

• syno1.JPG
    syno1.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 45
Having the same problem, I can`t add permission.

Or move to a docker app? :D
I use piwigo. Historically (and on DSM 6.x) when using DS Photos my wife and anyone else with a non admin account would lose access to the photos after updating DS Photos to a new version.

Status
Not open for further replies.