Read Only Permission Web Interface

Currently reading
Read Only Permission Web Interface

Hi All,

Is it possible to give a user read only access to the Synology web management portal?

I specifically want to allow a user to be able to log into the web portal and view the Beep Control options under Hardware & Power as I need the user to be able to check what the cause of the beep is. It seems pretty obvious if there's a drive failure, however not so obvious if there's an issue with one of the fans.

Reference I have a RS820+ and running DSM 6.2.3-25426.

Thanks,

Swain90

Not that I've found.

Do you use email notifications? These can be set to send to two addresses. If that's going to be too noisy then you could use email client Inbox rules to forward selected messages to the other person: each event have have it's message customised so if you add "Priority: High" or some such then you could use that in a mail filter to identify those alerts to forward.

@Shadow @fredbert thanks for your replies

The system we're connecting the NAS to has very limited functionality so a syslog server/snmp isn't possible nor an email solution.

I think as instruction to the staff using the NAS, if the system is beeping it should either be on start up which can be observed with the power LED, shutdown...again power led, drive/raid failure which should have the drive bay flashing orange, we don't use SSD cache so it can't be that so the only other reason must be a fan issue.

cheers

swain90

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.