User introduction Recently joined and now cannot find the question I submitted

Currently reading
User introduction Recently joined and now cannot find the question I submitted

Greetings, I have a DS920+ with a DX517 expansion unit. I have 4x4TB IronWolf Pro in the 920+ and 5x16TB IronWolf Pro in the DX517. This is used in my home.

I joined on February 11, 2022 and posted a question. I corresponded with several people for a couple of days and now I am trying to find that question/thread and post an update. I cannot find it in any forum, using any search term I can think of, using tags, etc. When I enter my name as either starting it or participating in it nothing shows up. This is really strange. It seems like I don't exist. How do I find the question I posted, asking for advice.

I really appreciated the quick and thoughtful responses of the three men who answered me in the first two days. Then I had to go out of town and am now ready to take the next steps, but I'm amazed I haven't been able to find the secret handshake to get back to my post.

By the way, I don't remember if I posted in "Installation, Configuration, Migration, Expansion" or "System Management" but I have searched those forums and others, even going backwards page by page looking for my post. Thank you for helping me.

Hello Gene!

Nice to have you here.

Regarding your issue with posting, I've checked all the logs in the forum administration and everything else what could affect it, but there are no indicators that you've post anything before this introduction post. We are not deleting posts without a warning.

Maybe you've had a correspondence via private conversations. Or if you have email notifications enabled for new posts in your threads, you can check your email if you have anything about that.

Thank you. After posting the above I checked my profile and it said I had one message, which would be the one above. So I agree that I must not have posted here. The thought just came maybe I posted on the Synology company forum, not here. It looks like I am new to more than just NAS. :) Thanks for your gracious help. I like the the helpful people I have been reading here the last week or so, and have been reading the daily updates I get in my inbox. So I will be back as I learn how to benefit from my new NAS.

I discovered my original message on the Synology Community forum and posted my follow-up. So I apologize for my confusion, and appreciate your response. Now that I am "introduced" I will begin lurking and learning here how to use my new NAS.

I discovered my original message on the Synology Community forum and posted my follow-up.
That’s no small feat! I find it nigh on impossible to find posts and threads after a while. Usually have to resort to googling. It’s one of the reasons @SynoMan created our forum.

Hope you enjoy your NAS.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back