NAS
DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Last edited:
Good morning all :D

I currently have a cloud sync for my Dropbox, this just acts as if I had dropbox on my local PC so I can access certain files remotely or at home but I am looking for another cloud solution. I don't want to move away from DB as DB is used for spreadsheet access etc, I am looking for something to just offsite backup my WHOLE NAS, circa 5TB but can be less.

Any recommendations? I won't need to access that data regularly, if at all, it's just in case the worst happens such as fire, theft or anything else.

Thank you as always.

idrive has a 5TB packages that is well priced. Other advantages are: mobile device backup included.
It is a setup and forget solution. But not the fastest service available.

Is Backblaze any good?
No recent experience with Backblaze, they did not have a good app/connection for syno for many years so I stopped using it many years ago. Used to have Idrive, happy with that, but slow (I am in EU).

I do have less than 1 TB data that needs versioned daily backup and use Hidrive for that, as it has great speed and easy setup in HB. It gets too expensive for 5TB probably.
And I do have a cross HB backup to another Syno box in the family for the less critical data above the 1TB = slow moving backup.

C2Storage
Quite pricey

No recent experience with Backblaze, they did not have a good app/connection for syno for many years so I stopped using it many years ago. Used to have Idrive, happy with that, but slow (I am in EU).

I do have less than 1 TB data that needs versioned daily backup and use Hidrive for that, as it has great speed and easy setup in HB. It gets too expensive for 5TB probably.
And I do have a cross HB backup to another Syno box in the family for the less critical data above the 1TB = slow moving backup.
When you say "slow backups", what is your internet upload speed and what do you actually get backing up?

Last edited:
We do not have fiber, Bonded VDSL is max here. I get around 50mbps up, 200mbps down. (50/8= 6 MB/s up) Backup traffic is obviously mainly up.
With Hidrive and with the syno to syno backup I can saturate that connection, maybe because servers are nearby.
with idrive it was not even half of that. It should be better in USA.
just try the 30 days free, and see if you are happy…

We do not have fiber, Bonded VDSL is max here. I get around 50mbps up, 200mbps down. (50/8= 6 MB/s up) Backup traffic is obviously mainly up.
With Hidrive and with the syno to syno backup I can saturate that connection, maybe because servers are nearby.
with idrive it was not even half of that. It should be better in USA.
just try the 30 days free, and see if you are happy…
Thanks bud, just made a HiDrive account, 1TB fro 12 months is $0.50 a month so not too bad, uploading as we speak :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.