DS 718+, 2x-DS 720+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
Way back in 1990’s-early 2000’s I was in a software beta group with DSL and then Cable as my ISP for downloading beta’s. I, like other folks who weren’t “Company” based in the beta group, used Linksys routers, and participated in local forums on those.
Graduated from BSR41 to BEFSX41 (For the increased bandwidth), and via those forums met him and discussed issues we saw.
Linksys at the time would let you post comment to them but rarely replied. I was just learning at the time.. Noticed 2 things that didn’t work right, but thought it was me. As we noticed each other I asked why I didn’t see things working as expected???
One of my issues matched his exactly, and when he tested my second issue, he duplicated my results. He took those and approached Linksys. They agreed and wrote Beta code to fix them that they gave George, who after testing, sneaker netted (5.25” Floppy disc!) to me over coffee one day. Our one and only meeting, We both lived in Chicagoland. I forgot when.
Interesting to comment that Linksys never released that code for BEFSX41.
Recently, He commented they never responded to subsequent emails from him, either!
When the RVS4000 replaced the BEFSX41, using a rudimentary packet sniffer that was limited to 26MB (as I found out when Comcast upgraded me from 25MB to 40MB/Dn service!)…Disabling that feature (forgot name they used) increased speeds to 42MB!!
Fewer emails to Support were answered.

We’e come far!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back