Currently reading
Reconnecting mapped network drive on DX517 expansion

NAS
DS1019+, DS1821+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I have a DS1821+ with a DX517 expansion unit. I have a separate volume on the DX517, but I can't seem to get the mapped network drive for the DX517 to reconnect on Windows 10 restart. I have a script that runs that will reconnect the mapped drive to my DX1821+, but the same script isn't working for the expansion. It always restarts with a red X, but will reconnect if I double click the drive. I have tried running the script from task scheduler with a long delay, but it still never reconnects. I have also tried using UNC instead of IP address, but the result is the same. The script I am trying to use, which works on the DS1821+ as well as my secondary DS2419+ is:

@echo off
:Start
timeout /t 5 /nobreak >NUL
if exist X:\ NUL goto End
net use X: \\10.10.10.5\Zero Dawn /PERSISTENT:YES
if ERRORLEVEL 1 goto exit
:End

Is there something different I need to do since it is the expansion and doesn't have it's own IP address? The IP address in this example is for the DS1821+ 10Gb card, but I have also tried it on the 1Gb side. Once I double click to reconnect it everything works fine, but it would be helpful if it would connect automatically like the other 2 locations. Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.