NAS
DS920+, DS416slim
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Whenever I open Snapshot Replication it gives me the following pop-up:

record file access time.JPG

Unless I am going totally blind, in the Storage Manager this option is nowhere to be seen. The two use cases it mentions are not relevant to me, so I would like to set this option to "Never", but it is nowhere to be found...! Help please?!

Solution
I have finally worked it out.

In DSM 6, [Storage Manager -> Volume -> Actions -> Configure] gives you access to the "Record file access time frequency".
In DSM 7, [Storage Manager -> Volume -> THREE SNEAKY LITTLE DOTS ON THE RIGHT -> Settings] gives you access.
NAS
DS920+, DS416slim
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I have finally worked it out.

In DSM 6, [Storage Manager -> Volume -> Actions -> Configure] gives you access to the "Record file access time frequency".
In DSM 7, [Storage Manager -> Volume -> THREE SNEAKY LITTLE DOTS ON THE RIGHT -> Settings] gives you access.

Upvote 0
Solution

fredbert

NAS Support
Subscriber
NAS
DS1520+, DS218+, DS215j
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I've still got it set to 'Daily' and must have ticked to hide that message. I think someone with a better idea on this is needed. The message explicitly says it's related to replication.

Upvote 0
NAS
RS820+, DS718+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Is there any recommendations on whether to leave record file access time off, daily, or monthly? I turned it off on one of my nas' and left it daily on another. I do not see any difference, particular to the storage analyzer app as mentioned in the help documentations.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.