NAS
DS920+, DS416slim
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Whenever I open Snapshot Replication it gives me the following pop-up:

record file access time.JPG

Unless I am going totally blind, in the Storage Manager this option is nowhere to be seen. The two use cases it mentions are not relevant to me, so I would like to set this option to "Never", but it is nowhere to be found...! Help please?!

Solution
I have finally worked it out.

In DSM 6, [Storage Manager -> Volume -> Actions -> Configure] gives you access to the "Record file access time frequency".
In DSM 7, [Storage Manager -> Volume -> THREE SNEAKY LITTLE DOTS ON THE RIGHT -> Settings] gives you access.
Is there any recommendations on whether to leave record file access time off, daily, or monthly? I turned it off on one of my nas' and left it daily on another. I do not see any difference, particular to the storage analyzer app as mentioned in the help documentations.

Upvote 0
oh man... Ed J? I want you for president in 2024. I'm serious. You really saved me from being committed to an institution. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.