DSM 7.1 Record file access time frequency - Storage Manager does not have option to set to never

Currently reading
DSM 7.1 Record file access time frequency - Storage Manager does not have option to set to never

Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I’m re-setting up my Synology 1621+ with larger had drives. When I go to snapshot replication I get the warning about "record file time access frequency “ is on.

When I go to Storage Manager, select the storage pool then press the three dots all I get are two options: remove and settings. I would have expected to see four options; usage detail, file system defragmentation, remove and settings. When I select settings I do not get any option to switch the Record File Access Time Frequency to never.

Could it be that I am not signed in as an administrator or ???

Advice would be much appreciated

select the storage pool
Are you selecting the pool menu or the volume menu?

Also, DSM 6 or 7?

In DSM 6, [Storage Manager -> Volume -> Actions -> Configure] > Record file access time frequency
In DSM 7, [Storage Manager -> Volume -> dot dot dot menu -> Settings] will give you access

Upvote 0
Hi Rusty, I'm in DSM 7.1 It doesn't seem to make any difference if I choose volume 1 or Storage pool 1.

I've had a go at restoring settings I was using a month ago (before I rebuilt the NAS. Still I seem to get (on clicking the three dots) just remove or settings. Settings takes me to something about Stripe Cache Size. ??

Upvote 0
To expand on Rusty's directions....

I have finally worked it out.

In DSM 6, [Storage Manager -> Volume -> Actions -> Configure] gives you access to the "Record file access time frequency".
In DSM 7, [Storage Manager -> Volume -> THREE SNEAKY LITTLE DOTS ON THE RIGHT -> Settings] gives you access.

you need to make sure you are clicking on the three little dots on the right of your volume label (the area that has the disk % used)

Upvote 0
Aah, that's it. Thank you so much. I had been looking at the three dots at the top right nit the correct ones at the bottom right - as you say on the right of the volume label. That's brilliant. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back