Recordings Limit no longer working

NAS
DS220j,DS220+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have set up my recordings limit to 15 days for each of my cameras, and that has worked well for a number of years, and I get a notification each morning that x number of recordings have been deleted.

For some reason, over the past few weeks, this limit is no longer working and my hard drives start filling up and I have to manually delete the recordings over 15 days old. I can't recall anything that I might have changed that could explain this behaviour. My settings are as per the screenshot below - is there anything else I need to check?

Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 6.35.42 AM.png

Saw that and immediately checked, as I’ve one camera that has a spider….. a perpetual motion machine!
Nope! I’m good SS has been deleting per the rules.

By the way I uploaded a timed script file that does deletions by a folder overall size and age of Files. That does what SS Does.
If you can’t get SS Working, you could point the timed script file at same place!

Saw that and immediately checked, as I’ve one camera that has a spider….. a perpetual motion machine!
Nope! I’m good SS has been deleting per the rules.

By the way I uploaded a timed script file that does deletions by a folder overall size and age of Files. That does what SS Does.
If you can’t get SS Working, you could point the timed script file at same place!
Thanks Jan - I like the workaround solution of a timed script file.

Please could you share your script, as I am no good at these things. I assume I simply use Task Scheduler and add the script?

Last edited:
Check the resources here at site
Click on home then follow menu down to resources

I uploaded it on 2/2022

Don't know if this is your issue -- I also have limit archive Folder size indicated on my settings...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.