Info Reliability issue with Intel Celeron N3350, J3355, J3455 and Pentium N4200 CPUs

Currently reading
Info Reliability issue with Intel Celeron N3350, J3355, J3455 and Pentium N4200 CPUs

jeyare

Subscriber
Today I spoke with one of my customer, he asked me re Synology, some kind of recommendation. I told him, that the new filter is still missing in the Product page, but found him "safe" CPU based model :) . I'm not a seller, but it must be hard to everyday task - to find a device what is out of this shame situation.

NAS
DS1019+, DS412+
Well maybe they will resolve it, as soon as they figure out how to implement it. Have faith. This is a good thing overall. It's better that this can be fixed with a fw update then a cpu change.
Agreed, if they can resolve the issue with a firmware update, then it’s certainly preferable to having to do hardware fixes.

Telos

Subscriber
NAS
DS418play, DS213j, DS3622+, DSM 7.1.4-11091
Agreed, if they can resolve the issue with a firmware update, then it’s certainly preferable to having to do hardware fixes.
A recent post on Synology Community site denies a firmware update is required... in contrast with latest Intel post. [Maybe Synology had secret information... or they are blowing this off... Who knows?]

fredbert

NAS Support
Subscriber
NAS
DS1520+, DS218+, DS215j
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
It may be that Synology had already applied the corrective actions that are part of Intel's instructions for deploying these chips? I noted that Synology said they had followed such 'n' such instructions for use on something or other.

jeyare

Subscriber
Intel needs to find a solution for FW update together with all main MB vendors, otherwise Intel will pay a lot for all vendors:
- guarantee cost loss
- already produced machines with these CPUs (not just NASs, laptops, AiO,...), which is waiting in stores, distributors, vendor storages
- cost of all imaginable loss

uff it is not in millions, it is more and more. Then the motivation to find a SW solution is really cheaper for them. Need to wait.

NAS
DS218+ DSM 6.2.2-24922-4
Router
  1. RT2600ac
This is from my nas DS218+

Attachments

• DS218+.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 137
  • DS218+_1.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 84

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.