Info Reliability issue with Intel Celeron N3350, J3355, J3455 and Pentium N4200 CPUs

Currently reading
Info Reliability issue with Intel Celeron N3350, J3355, J3455 and Pentium N4200 CPUs

Today I spoke with one of my customer, he asked me re Synology, some kind of recommendation. I told him, that the new filter is still missing in the Product page, but found him "safe" CPU based model :) . I'm not a seller, but it must be hard to everyday task - to find a device what is out of this shame situation.

Well maybe they will resolve it, as soon as they figure out how to implement it. Have faith. This is a good thing overall. It's better that this can be fixed with a fw update then a cpu change.
Agreed, if they can resolve the issue with a firmware update, then it’s certainly preferable to having to do hardware fixes.

Agreed, if they can resolve the issue with a firmware update, then it’s certainly preferable to having to do hardware fixes.
A recent post on Synology Community site denies a firmware update is required... in contrast with latest Intel post. [Maybe Synology had secret information... or they are blowing this off... Who knows?]

Intel needs to find a solution for FW update together with all main MB vendors, otherwise Intel will pay a lot for all vendors:
- guarantee cost loss
- already produced machines with these CPUs (not just NASs, laptops, AiO,...), which is waiting in stores, distributors, vendor storages
- cost of all imaginable loss

uff it is not in millions, it is more and more. Then the motivation to find a SW solution is really cheaper for them. Need to wait.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.