NAS
DS1621+, DS220+, DS418+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Remote server snapshot replication setup wizard saying incorrect password. I only have two Synology devices and they are both on 7.2 and both use the same login credentials. Not sure why it's telling me password is invalid on my remote Synology. any ideas? hyper backup works fine.

Remote server snapshot replication setup wizard saying incorrect password. I only have two Synology devices and they are both on 7.2 and both use the same login credentials. Not sure why it's telling me password is invalid on my remote Synology. any ideas? hyper backup works fine.
This remote setup is over WAN or in LAN?

over WAN using Tailscale. hyper backup works fine. replication doesn't. can't figure it out.
The only thing I can think of is a possible traffic block on the "destination" side. with SR, both sides need to have traffic open in terms of ports used unlike with HB (it requires a one way direction traffic when setting up).

So this "password" issue might be actually a traffic issue while authenticating. This is just an idea so if you have any firewalls in place inside that TS network (or on the NAS devices in question) it might be the reason.

The only thing I can think of is a possible traffic block on the "destination" side. with SR, both sides need to have traffic open in terms of ports used unlike with HB (it requires a one way direction traffic when setting up).

So this "password" issue might be actually a traffic issue while authenticating. This is just an idea so if you have any firewalls in place inside that TS network (or on the NAS devices in question) it might be the reason.
No idea. I gave up in frustration. Im surprised I couldn't find anyone trying to do this with a google search. I would think snapshot replication via Tailscale would be as common as hyper backup with Tailscale.

HI,
You have probably solved the problem, but nevertheless...
It is because you have "Adaptive MFA" enabled (Control panel->Security->Account->Adaptive MFA) which is good. It requires MultiFactor Authentification for administrators group users.
You can: 1.Disable Adaptive MFA - not good... or
2. create a new user which will not be member of administrative group but only necessary rights to perform task

have a nice day

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.