DSM 7.1 Remote Wake on Lan no longer working on 7.1.1?

Currently reading
DSM 7.1 Remote Wake on Lan no longer working on 7.1.1?

NAS
RS820+, DS718+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I am currently running DSM 7.1.1 update 1. Today one of my locations had a power outage. I attempted to wake the nas using a WOL app and it's not working. The configuration is using the public ddns name, port forward of a wol udp port. This has worked in the past, but haven't used it in sometime. I'm just posing the question here to see if maybe somewhere along the lines it broke in a dsm update?

WOL will not work following a power outage, but only when the NAS has experienced a normal shutdown.

I did shutdown to test. My first problem once I got back home, I in fact did not have the port forward on the router. I added the rule tested again didn’t work. I then updated from 7.1.1 update 1 to update 3, tested again and it worked. Really weird. To test I used a wol app on my phone, not on wifi (local worked fine).

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.