Remove HD and fit into new Synology NAS?

Currently reading
Remove HD and fit into new Synology NAS?

NAS
120J
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
My DS120J is going back and I was thinking of ordering a 2 bay model but the drive is full of my stuff!
Would it be possible to fit that drive into a new 2 bay Synology without re-formatting and having to do it all again? Its take me days to get this far and I really don't want to start again!

Would it be possible to fit that drive into a new 2 bay Synology without re-formatting and having to do it all again
uw2e6NT.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.

Similar threads

• Question
If "I really don't need to access this disk anywhere but in my house" I am not sure why it matters that...
Replies
Views
This is still a problem. Can anyone suggest a solution? I've disabled rsync/ftp/tftp on all my NASs but...
Replies
Views
Back up your stuff off-NAS. Delete your volume Create a JBOD volume (both drives are linked for a total...
Replies
Views
Reuse in matter or minutes. New container on the new device with docker using the existing volume. BW will...
Replies
Views
I think I'm trying to ask how is the Drive desktop agent 'safe'. I know how VPN works and why to use it. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have DS 1817+ and added in Dual 10Gbit SFP+ Synology NIC so i can have 10Gbit link to my...
Replies
Views
Welcome to the forum! No. That FS is no supported on external drives Ofc Using Hyper Backup your can do...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back