Remove the default "Video", "Photo" & "Music" folders

Currently reading
Remove the default "Video", "Photo" & "Music" folders

NAS
DS416
Operating system
  1. Windows
How can I remove the default "Video", "Photo", "Music" & "Documents" folders?
I have no purpose for them. I have my own Project-based filing system. As far as I'm concerned they're all simply "Files".

Are you talking about folders in a user's home folder or DSM shared folders?

I've a video shared folder that was created by Video Station, but there's no equivalent video folder in user homes: Video Station doesn't have personal libraries.

However, both Audio Station and Photo Station create music and photo shared folders and music and photo personal folders. The photo shared folder is also used for Moments' shared album. These packages provide a personal library/content as well as library content to all users.

Synology Drive creates a personal Drive folder for users and in there there will be Moments, Documents, and Backups folders. This package doesn't create its own shared folder but can use other existing shared folders as Team Folders.

For other shared folders there's a similar tie-in with Synology Chat (chat), Plex (plex), and Web Station (web). And probably others I've forgotten.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.