Replacing my PC - Do I need to do anything in advance of switching the two units?

Currently reading
Replacing my PC - Do I need to do anything in advance of switching the two units?

NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. Windows
I have a new PC arriving on Monday. I have backed up all of my drives ready to install on the new computer. The SSD drive is not being switched as my new PC has a M2 SSD Card for the OS & other programmes.

Having had horrendous issues with my NAS DS218+ and Synology Router after successfully following the installation videos of 'My-Doodads' on YouTube I am feeling a little reticent about switching the two units. Do I need to do anything in advance or canI hope that by plugging the PC into the network it will function as my old PC?

Any advice is very welcome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.