Requestrr – A Discord Media Request bot for Sonarr and Radarr

Currently reading
Requestrr – A Discord Media Request bot for Sonarr and Radarr

If you’ve been looking for an easy way for friends and family to request media to your Emby, Jellyfin or Plex server, Requestrr is the new sauce. It utilizes the free chat platform known as Discord.

Requestrr is a chatbot used to simplify using services like Sonarr/Radarr/Ombi via the use of chat!
requestrr-main-nashosted.com_-1024x680.png

Requestrr was created to work with the Sonarr and Radarr media manager applications. It uses the API system to easily tie them together to create a chat request system. Simply create a Discord bot, fill in the bot details and you’re good to go. It really is that easy.

Continue reading...

ombi already does this, and seems to be easier to use.
I found the Ombi app to be horrifyingly underdeveloped. It looks like a high school project to me lol. I paid for it but never use it. I was going to suggest it for family and friends but no way.

Besides, is there anything wrong with more options? If you haven't installed this, I wouldn't say Ombi is easier to use quite yet ;)

Lastly, my articles are not to say something is better, but more to inform you of the options available.

ombi isn't a paid service, so not sure what you paid for. maybe you're thinking about something totally different.

nothing wrong with options, just like there is nothing wrong with people giving their opinions when you post articles. one thinks you seem to be taking a very defensive stance on this......

ombi isn't a paid service, so not sure what you paid for. maybe you're thinking about something totally different.

nothing wrong with options, just like there is nothing wrong with people giving their opinions when you post articles. one thinks you seem to be taking a very defensive stance on this......
Nothing wrong with opinions at all. But when you say one is easier to use without even installing it that's false information. That's all.

And there is an Ombi iOS app. It's trash in my "opinion".

firstly i said "seems", it's an opinion and i can have it. it's not "false" information as i'm not putting it forward as fact, i'm putting it forward as my opinion. as a heavy user of discord already i feel i am able to form my own opinion.

lastly, i'm not talking about an iOS app, i'm talking about the service Ombi. there is no need for any app to use Ombi, as the service itself provides its own web frontend.

you're still being very defensive about it though, it's almost as if you have a vested interest, and that you don't want any opinion that doesn't match yours.

firstly i said "seems", it's an opinion and i can have it. it's not "false" information as i'm not putting it forward as fact, i'm putting it forward as my opinion. as a heavy user of discord already i feel i am able to form my own opinion.

lastly, i'm not talking about an iOS app, i'm talking about the service Ombi. there is no need for any app to use Ombi, as the service itself provides its own web frontend.

you're still being very defensive about it though, it's almost as if you have a vested interest, and that you don't want any opinion that doesn't match yours.
Let me just put it this way.

Imagine I went to @Rusty rss post on this forum about rocket chat and all I said was

“Slack already does this. And seems easier to use”

It adds no value to the topic at all. And leaves a preconceived notion that slack is the only chat that anyone should use. While we know that’s not true, it looks bad. Your context needs work.

but you don't want to comment on the reply that @Rusty also gave regarding Ombi?
as i said, you seem to be overly defensive about it.

i have an opinion, i voiced it, deal with it.
your ability to deal with differing opinions needs work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.