ResourceSpace - NGinx timing out

Currently reading
ResourceSpace - NGinx timing out

NAS
DS916+
Hi all,

I'm trying to install ResourceSpace on my DS916+. I've used the guide/docker-compose here: Solved - Installing Resourcespace and it seems to work well. However, once I go through the initial RS config page, setting up the DB properties, password, email, etc., I click 'Begin Installation' - and then the page comes back with a 504 Gateway Timout. The RS log is filled with:

Code:
2020/04/18 22:40:13 [error] 14#14: *5 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 172.19.0.1, server: localhost, request: "POST /pages/setup.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php-fpm.sock", host: "192.168.1.120:8888", referrer: "http://192.168.1.120:8888/pages/setup.php"

Hitting the page again gives me the same timeout every time. I thought it might be a delay while it installs, but it's been going an hour now and still not working.

Any ideas? :)

Last edited:
Did you use the exact docker-compose.yml from the other thread?

I just checked the sources, the container runs nginx, php-fpm7 and crond. The nginx server is the one exposed to the outside world, which uses the unix domain socket /var/run/php-fpm.sock, which the php-fpm7 service creates as upstream. nginx starves waiting for a response from the upstream. This is only possible if the unix domain socket is not accessible (not created?, wrong permissions?)

There must be additional information in the logs regarding php-fpm7 and the unix domain socket /var/run/php-fpm.sock.

Btw. while scanning the sources for the image, I encoutered three environment variables for php-fpm7:
DATABASE_URL
DEBUG
API_AUTHENTICATION_TOKEN

Though, I have no idea what values are supposed to be used. Enabling debug could be helful to get a better understanding...

It's okay, this morning it just came up, so not sure what was happening. I deleted and re-ran the docker setup and it worked within a few minutes, so all a bit odd. Perhaps my NAS was under load from something else...

Thanks for responding though!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.