Restore non system drive

Currently reading
Restore non system drive

Hello to everyone,

I have a problem to solve I hope someone will be able to help :)
I was trying to backup PC with 2 drives C: (system) and F:(storage) WD 1TB. Synology backup for business failed, as system SSD had bad sectors.
However drive F: was sucessfull. This info I get form client log on backed up PC.
I have snapshots installed and running, however when I restore folder with snapshots to the date when this F: drive was successfull I can not see any imagages to restore.
Can someone suggest the way to go.

Hello to everyone,

I have a problem to solve I hope someone will be able to help :)
I was trying to backup PC with 2 drives C: (system) and F:(storage) WD 1TB. Synology backup for business failed, as system SSD had bad sectors.
However drive F: was sucessfull. This info I get form client log on backed up PC.
I have snapshots installed and running, however when I restore folder with snapshots to the date when this F: drive was successfull I can not see any imagages to restore.
Can someone suggest the way to go.
Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried accessing the data using the ABB User Portal app inside DSM? Going into the backup and listing the partitions and files/folders, do you see the content there?

Thanks for this, Yes I did and unfortunetly at the date this backup ( drive F: ) was done, APP portal can not see any images .

Then, if the PC is still up and running, use ABBs "File server" option and connect to the F partition only and select the whole tree that way.

This will backup the F partition bypassing the SSD in question and you will at least have that version of backup.

This is an older version of ABB article, but the "Backing up files (agentless)" is what I am talking about just so you can get the idea what I am suggesting.

Well the problem is that I repleaced SSD and recoverd from "windows backup" but during proccess windows installed system to HDD ( drive F: ) instead of to SSD. The data from F: were overwritten by system data and the only possible backup to recover is this failed from 1-09-2023. This is the date of a very first backup by ABB which is labeled fail, but in the local agent log i can see that the F: drive was backed up correctly.

Well the problem is that I repleaced SSD and recoverd from "windows backup" but during proccess windows installed system to HDD ( drive F: ) instead of to SSD. The data from F: were overwritten by system data and the only possible backup to recover is this failed from 1-09-2023. This is the date of a very first backup by ABB which is labeled fail, but in the local agent log i can see that the F: drive was backed up correctly.
Well not much I can say about that. Obviously the backup didn’t complete for whatever reason and if there is no other backup to recover from, not sure you will have any options.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.