1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
wwwampy submitted a new resource:

Restyaboard - self-hosted, open source, Trello like kanban board - Tutorial for Restyaboard installation in Docker via UI

This tutorial is mostly for newcomers and those that are not so familiar with the Docker. I'm not an expert, but I want to share my installation as a tutorial to help others. For any mistakes, feel free to comment in the discussion section of this resource.

In this tutorial, we are going to use this official automated Docker build for Restyaboard: restyaplatform/restyaboard

Before you start with the...

Read more about this resource...

So, same experiences from the dockerized Restya 0.6.7 incl. PG ver 11.3-1

1. Restya Support:
- dockerized Restya is product provided directly by Restyaplatform, then no 3rd party modification you should expect. Then some kind of support from Restyateam is expected. First fail - Restya officially doesn't support the dockerized Restya (see the answer from their official forum by Google groups). Btw, the forum is really bad.
1564386039627.png

- then when you switch to GitHub support, you can understand, that Synology official community is really perfect environment. I mean time of response from vendor or an interest of Restya team to solve critical errors or malfunctions, e.g. SMTP notification doesn't work - in project management environment most important feature.

Result - this product (dockerized ver) is far away from Trello and need lot of development to be ready:
- reliability - time stamps (two different places of setup), checklist (doesn't work properly), ...
- basic features - notifications see here

iOS APP - developed in same "hurry" attitude like the main web app, e.g.:
- you can see number of internal notifications (no SMTP), but you can't simple touch and see them. Just touch "Activities", then you can see the Notification.

1564387203654.png

Here I finished my willingness to consume a time with such immatured tool from Restya team.

So, same experiences from the dockerized Restya 0.6.7 incl. PG ver 11.3-1

1. Restya Support:
- dockerized Restya is product provided directly by Restyaplatform, then no 3rd party modification you should expect. Then some kind of support from Restyateam is expected. First fail - Restya officially doesn't support the dockerized Restya (see the answer from their official forum by Google groups). Btw, the forum is really bad.
View attachment 367

- then when you switch to GitHub support, you can understand, that Synology official community is really perfect environment. I mean time of response from vendor or an interest of Restya team to solve critical errors or malfunctions, e.g. SMTP notification doesn't work - in project management environment most important feature.

Result - this product (dockerized ver) is far away from Trello and need lot of development to be ready:
- reliability - time stamps (two different places of setup), checklist (doesn't work properly), ...
- basic features - notifications see here

iOS APP - developed in same "hurry" attitude like the main web app, e.g.:
- you can see number of internal notifications (no SMTP), but you can't simple touch and see them. Just touch "Activities", then you can see the Notification.

View attachment 368

Here I finished my willingness to consume a time with such immatured tool from Restya team.

I haven't tried their iOS app yet. But, the docker is working quite good for me. @wwwampy Did you face similar issues?

Yesterday I checked status about Restya:
- SMTP notification is still out of order (they are working on it). According my personal communication with @wwwampy - he doesn't use such notification. Dtto. IMAP.
- user change password doesn't work - opened Gidhub request (in process)
Do you have same experiences? @erik ?

Last edited:
Yes. The RealTek is an ARM CPU but you can try to install it manually and then Package Center will say it's not compatible.

If you look at the official add-on packages from Synology they name the different install files based on the CPU type. The only Docker package has a 'x86_64' filesname for Intel CPU and the packages for the DS418 have 'armv8' in their names.

e.g. for File Station
DS418

DS418play/DS218+

For Docker the latest link is 'x64'

No (that is the direct link to download File Station package for the DS418).

I showed this as an example of the link you would see for a DS418 package installer. It has 'armv8' in the downloaded filename. That indicates the DS418's ARM-based CPU.

The Docker package is only available for 64-bit Intel CPUs (x64), though Synology more usually will use 'x86_64' when there's a package that supports 32-bit Intel CPU (x86_32 for 32-bit, and x86_64 for 64-bit).

Thank you for the detailed instructions. Still, I can't get it to work (I have a DS218+). Is there a similar instruction for installing the postgres container? Maybe my problem lies there.

Thank you for the detailed instructions. Still, I can't get it to work (I have a DS218+). Is there a similar instruction for installing the postgres container? Maybe my problem lies there.
If you wanna run Postgres docker container it would be best to download the official image and then run the wizard with Synology docker UI.

You will have only several steps:

Port: 5432

and 2 env variables:

POSTGRES_PASSWORDmysecretpassword
POSTGRES_USERusername

Also, you can set a volume map for your data to be hosted on your NAS as well.

folder_localtion_on_your_nas/var/lib/postgresql/data

That will get you going regarding Postgres docker container. Now, to actually create the DB on Postgres and to have it ready for Restya you will need to connect to your Postgres and configure a DB and username and pass.

Personally I use fenglc/pgadmin4 image from hub.docker.com to make this happen. This image has nothing special apart from setting the port to 5050 (it its default port). After that you can connect to it using:

http://NAS_IP_ADDRESS:5050

After you log into your pgAdmin UI (using the default username: [email protected] and pass: admin, create a server connection to your PostgresDB:

Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 12.09.51.png

host: your_nas_ip
port: 5432 (or any other if you have mapped your postgres to a differnt port)
username: postgres username (the one from the postgres env variable)
password: postgres password (the one from the postgres env variable)

Click save.

After that you will be connected to your Postgres instance. Now simply right click "Databases" and click create > database

Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 12.12.47.png

Now 2 things are needed here. Databse name and permissions on it.

Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 12.13.44.png

Enter the name in the Database field then jump to Security tab

Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 12.14.01.png

Here select a user using the "+" symbol in the upper right corner and add privileges to that user using the "ALL" checkbox. Click Save and you are done.

Now back to Restya steps on adding those settings.

I hope it helps.

Thank you @Rusty ! That looks a lot easier now.

I installed fenglc/pgadmin4:latest in docker. Port 5050 is already used by DSM. So I changed it to 5252. However, http://LOCAL_NAS_IP_ADDRESS:5252 does not connect to anything. Is there a route to be set or what else do I need to add?

Cheers, Ralph

Thank you @Rusty ! That looks a lot easier now.

I installed fenglc/pgadmin4:latest in docker. Port 5050 is already used by DSM. So I changed it to 5252. However, http://LOCAL_NAS_IP_ADDRESS:5252 does not connect to anything. Is there a route to be set or what else do I need to add?

Cheers, Ralph
What exact error do you get in your browser? Any info in the container log?

Ok so the container is running ok. Don’t worry about the port. Log will always report docker internal port. Even though you have mapped it to a different port. So it looks like it should be ok. What browser are you using? What error in browser do you get?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.