Rocket.Chat - SLACK alternative (with MongoDB as backend)

Docker Rocket.Chat - SLACK alternative (with MongoDB as backend)

Currently reading
Docker Rocket.Chat - SLACK alternative (with MongoDB as backend)

so I will try setup independent jitsi container this weekend

Preparation, follow the architecture (picture below):
- no need define SIP part for VoIP
- just WebRTC

1596788940676.png

The following external ports must be opened on a firewall:
  • 80/tcp for Web UI HTTP (really just to redirect, after uncommenting ENABLE_HTTP_REDIRECT=1 in .env)
  • 443/tcp for Web UI HTTPS
  • 4443/tcp for RTP media over TCP
  • 10000/udp for RTP media over UDP

VariableDescriptionExample
CONFIGDirectory where all configuration will be stored/opt/jitsi-meet-cfg
TZSystem Time ZoneEurope/Amsterdam
HTTP_PORTExposed port for HTTP traffic8000
HTTPS_PORTExposed port for HTTPS traffic8443
DOCKER_HOST_ADDRESSIP address of the Docker host, needed for LAN environments192.168.1.1
PUBLIC_URLPublic URL for the web servicehttps://meet.example.com

Jibri isn't neccessary, because:
Jibri provides services for recording or streaming a Jitsi Meet conference.
No need for this time.

Must say, it's really nice described container (Jitsi).

Hello,
When i try to connect Mongo via terminal in synology i get a message:

{"t":{"$date":"2020-09-20T09:09:32.294+00:00"},"s":"I", "c":"CONTROL", "id":20714, "ctx":"LogicalSessionCacheRefresh","msg":"Failed to refresh session cache, will try again at the next refresh interva
l","attr":{"error":"NotYetInitialized: Replication has not yet been configured"}}
{"t":{"$date":"2020-09-20T09:09:32.294+00:00"},"s":"I", "c":"CONTROL", "id":20711, "ctx":"LogicalSessionCacheReap","msg":"Failed to reap transaction table","attr":{"error":"NotYetInitialized: Replicat
ion has not yet been configured"}} ????

Hello,
When i try to connect Mongo via terminal in synology i get a message:

{"t":{"$date":"2020-09-20T09:09:32.294+00:00"},"s":"I", "c":"CONTROL", "id":20714, "ctx":"LogicalSessionCacheRefresh","msg":"Failed to refresh session cache, will try again at the next refresh interva
l","attr":{"error":"NotYetInitialized: Replication has not yet been configured"}}
{"t":{"$date":"2020-09-20T09:09:32.294+00:00"},"s":"I", "c":"CONTROL", "id":20711, "ctx":"LogicalSessionCacheReap","msg":"Failed to reap transaction table","attr":{"error":"NotYetInitialized: Replicat
ion has not yet been configured"}} ????
What step have you completed so far?

OK, I have configured a container Mongo v. 4.4.1 with a parameter:
mongod --oplogSize 128 --replSet rs0

Mongo folder with files:
File.png

Docker.png

Mapowanie.png

Now I'd like to take this step:
mongo -u root -p yourRootPass --authenticationDatabase admin, but I am getting these errors.

OK, I have configured a container Mongo v. 4.4.1 with a parameter:
mongod --oplogSize 128 --replSet rs0

Mongo folder with files:View attachment 2134
View attachment 2135
View attachment 2136

Now I'd like to take this step:
mongo -u root -p yourRootPass --authenticationDatabase admin, but I am getting these errors.
Try this before that command

Code:
db.createUser({user: "admin", pwd: "xxxxxxxx", roles: [{role: "readWrite", db: "db"}]})

Last edited:
Yes.
I also tried to run the process in Portainer and i get a meassage:
MongoDB shell version v4.4.1
connecting to: mongodb://127.0.0.1:27017/?authSource=admin&compressors=disabled&gssapiServiceName=mongodb
Error: Authentication failed. :
connect@src/mongo/shell/mongo.js:374:17
@(connect):2:6
exception: connect failed
exiting with code 1

The password is good.

Update:
I created everything again and now Mongo works, but RC gives me a bug:

LocalStore: store created at
Setting default file store to GridFS
{"line":"120","file":"migrations.js","message":"Migrations: Not migrating, already at version 205","time":{"$date":1600640217441},"level":"info"}
Loaded the Apps Framework and loaded a total of 0 Apps!
Using GridFS for custom sounds storage
Using GridFS for custom emoji storage
Updating process.env.MAIL_URL
Browserslist: caniuse-lite is outdated. Please run next command `npm update`
➔ server.js:204 System ➔ error

Browserslist: caniuse-lite is outdated. Please run next command `npm update`
➔ server.js:204 System ➔ error
I have to say that I have never had a similar problem like this. What version of RC is this? 3.6.2?

I have just patched the other day on the latest version and haven't seen this error before. are you using this repo: Docker Hub ?

Also since you have recreated the mongo contianer, have you also deleted the content of mongoDB folder? Or did you reuse it? Any more error details on the RC container?

Yes, I am using this repo. RC v. 3.6.2
I deleted all the old garbage, the new folder and all over again.
View attachment 2140View attachment 2141View attachment 2142
Looks like your are missing one variable for the RC contianer considering that you have configured MongoDB as a replica instance.

Have you configured this

MONGO_OPLOG_URL = [B]mongodb://root:yourRootPass@db:27017/local?authSource=admin[/B]

I see on the log screen on the very bottom that the OPLOG is missing. Check your RC variables again

Hi, first of all thank you very much for this great tutorial!

But until know I was not successfull. I'm desperately trying to get this working, but to the very end, I get an error... I'm using the latest images described in the tutorial and followed every step. MongoDB is running, I get the "black screen" when connecting via telnet, which should be a good sign.
But, when starting Rocket.Chat, it is stopped after some seconds. The Log from the Docker UI shows me a MongoNetworkError:

Code:
failed to connect to server [db:27017] on first connect [MongoError: Authentication failed

I tried the setup following the tutorial several times and checked every entry, but I don't know how to fix it or even which steps to take to get closer to the reason for this authentication problem.

Any help would be reallllyyyy appreciated :cry:

Hi, first of all thank you very much for this great tutorial!

But until know I was not successfull. I'm desperately trying to get this working, but to the very end, I get an error... I'm using the latest images described in the tutorial and followed every step. MongoDB is running, I get the "black screen" when connecting via telnet, which should be a good sign.
But, when starting Rocket.Chat, it is stopped after some seconds. The Log from the Docker UI shows me a MongoNetworkError:

Code:
failed to connect to server [db:27017] on first connect [MongoError: Authentication failed

I tried the setup following the tutorial several times and checked every entry, but I don't know how to fix it or even which steps to take to get closer to the reason for this authentication problem.

Any help would be reallllyyyy appreciated :cry:
Have you run the db.createUser command that’s mentioned in the tutorial as a note in case you do get similar errors?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back