Rocket.Chat - SLACK alternative (with MongoDB as backend)

Docker Rocket.Chat - SLACK alternative (with MongoDB as backend)

Currently reading
Docker Rocket.Chat - SLACK alternative (with MongoDB as backend)

I fixed it! This is how:
If you are using your own domain with Synology reverse proxy you do need to change the
Code:
http://localhost:3000
To
https://your.owndomain.com
Otherwise the IOS app will have problems showing the users avatars and uploading pictures.
More info can be found here:

@Rusty Maybe you can add a note to the tutorial...?
That is correct, but the reason why this is not published is that running RC via a custom domain is an optional step, so not needed to configure the env variable. I will add it as a note.

Maybe you could post your steps you have taken to install the container and then we could have a look at them..?

@BobW I am currently remodeling our new office, once we have moved in I will dig deeper into the problem and even post my steps.

Ok I have mongo and rocket chat running. I am moving from snap to docker. I already have the snap backup but have no idea how to restore this backup inside mongo.

Ok I have mongo and rocket chat running. I am moving from snap to docker. I already have the snap backup but have no idea how to restore this backup inside mongo.
This is backup one line command

Code:
mongodump --username root --password "your_pass" --gzip --out /data/db/backup_rocket_example_name

After the backup is done copy the archive and then execute this command

Code:
mongorestore --db db --username root --password "your_pass" --authenticationDatabase admin --gzip /data/db/backup_rocket_example_name/db

Be sure to explicitly add the name of the database that you are restoring to at the very end.

Hello,

on the :
Code:
mongo -u root -p MySecretPass --authenticationDatabase admin

I have a :
Code:
MongoDB shell version v4.2.2
connecting to: mongodb://127.0.0.1:27017/?authSource=admin&compressors=disabled&gssapiServiceName=mongodb
2019-12-22T14:03:30.052+0000 E  QUERY    [js] Error: Authentication failed. :
connect@src/mongo/shell/mongo.js:341:17
@(connect):2:6
2019-12-22T14:03:30.055+0000 F  -        [main] exception: connect failed
2019-12-22T14:03:30.055+0000 E  -        [main] exiting with code 1

I have try to stop and change password but same result...

I have try to install this rocket chat few days ago but I had a problem on the rocket chat docker (think that I ve didnt download the good RC)😞
So i've del all the install and restart from the beginning.
on the First test have i didn't have problem with mongo...

Thanks for help.

Having some issues with this setup. RC is getting an error stating MongoError: Authentication failed. When I look at the log on Mongo, it states that UserNotFound: Could not find user root@admin. I am able to log in from Bash with the --authenticationDatabase admin switch. I have tried the latest MongoDB and 4.0.10. I have recreated both container several time and this is where I keep getting stuck at. Not sure where to go from here.

Having some issues with this setup. RC is getting an error stating MongoError: Authentication failed. When I look at the log on Mongo, it states that UserNotFound: Could not find user root@admin. I am able to log in from Bash with the --authenticationDatabase admin switch. I have tried the latest MongoDB and 4.0.10. I have recreated both container several time and this is where I keep getting stuck at. Not sure where to go from here.
When you log into mongod command line what does show dbs command return?

Alright... not sure what I did but it is now working. It created a database called db and now it is working. Again, not sure what I did but whatever created db fixed my issue.

Happy new year,
Today the installation of mongo still running (with the same parameters... i don't understand...maybe the new year...)
so I've start the installation of RC and the dock start and start again.

In the log i have:
Code:
MongoNetworkError: failed to connect to server [db:27017] on first connect [MongoError: Authentication failed.]

so i go back to mongo and send a
Code:
show dbs

and response is the same as asianflavor:
Code:
admin   0.000GB
config  0.000GB
local   0.000GB

So i think that i have to manuely create the DB to but I don't know mongo... :confused:

Long into your mongo container and after you use show dbs command that lists your existing DBs, just run:

use db

This will create database called 'db'. Keep in mind that if you use show command after this it will still not list your new database because it is empty (only db's with some content are shown). No matter, after you have created the DB try and rerun Rocket again.

Code:
root@mongo1:/# mongo -u root -p MdP2020 --authenticationDatabase admin
MongoDB shell version v4.2.3
connecting to: mongodb://127.0.0.1:27017/?authSource=admin&compressors=disabled&gssapiServiceName=mongodb
2020-02-08T16:00:17.702+0000 E  QUERY    [js] Error: Authentication failed. :
2020-02-08T16:00:17.705+0000 F  -        [main] exception: connect failed
2020-02-08T16:00:17.705+0000 E  -        [main] exiting with code 1
root@mongo1:/#

I really don't understand why it doesn't work... :(

Code:
root@mongo1:/# mongo -u root -p MdP2020 --authenticationDatabase admin
MongoDB shell version v4.2.3
2020-02-08T16:00:17.702+0000 E  QUERY    [js] Error: Authentication failed. :
2020-02-08T16:00:17.705+0000 F  -        [main] exception: connect failed
2020-02-08T16:00:17.705+0000 E  -        [main] exiting with code 1
root@mongo1:/#

I really don't understand why it doesn't work... :(
Do you have an active alias from your RC container to your mongo container?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back