Roon Docker in DSM 7

NAS
DS1621xs+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Anyone knows if its possible to run Roon inside Synology through a Docker image and if there is a tutorial somewhere about it, I never got into docker...

Anyone knows if its possible to run Roon inside Synology through a Docker image and if there is a tutorial somewhere about it, I never got into docker...
officially there is no support for it but there are several images out there that work with it. Haven’t tested any of those.

Upvote 0
I see that roononnas.org has a new BETA image for DSM 7.
Hopefully it can run better than a docker solution?

Upvote 0
I tried this roon in a docker container walkthrough on my vDSM 7 and it worked (as in being able to connect to it from the roon iPad app, so it seems like it installed correctly), but I don’t have a roon account. Didn’t know that I need one.
I was put off by the need to create an account and sign up with them rather than to my NAS. It looks like the Plex way (although I don’t mind paying if it’s good). So no go for me.

On the plus side, the roon icon looks nice, I like it :)

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.