Router Slowing Traffic to LG TV's Internet Channel Lineup?

Currently reading
Router Slowing Traffic to LG TV's Internet Channel Lineup?

NAS
DS920+ DS215J,
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I (and others) who use Google Voice recently found our VoIP Poly-OBI Adapters had stopped working due to a combination of "GV" doing a Security Update and Synology (to my understanding) having some Security Protocols that mis-identified the VoIP Packets as threats. fredbert was extremely helpful in suggesting changes plus I found by unticking the VoIP Adapter from the Threat Prevention Settings was the Key to restoring full operation.

But the issue today: I've have three LG "Smart" TV's of different mfr years and they all have what is called "LG Channels" ... These are 500+ Channels that are Internet based supplied by a 3rd party called PLUTO. Two of the TV's have a direct Ethernet connection while one is Wi-Fi connected.

The problem has been that when loading and switching (channel flipping) any of these LG Channels, it would take 2-4 Seconds to display and LG has a spinning set of colors to indicate its trying to load the content.

With the VoIP issue in mind, I wondered if the RT2600 ( with two 2200ac's / one in Backhaul) could be slowing or interfering with the transport. Unticking the Threat Prevention for the TV"s did nothing.

I then attempted to set up a Port Forward for each TV, using three separate Public Ports. (see example) I guessed on the Port Range, and used TCP as the Protocol.

Though there are many factors as to the load time /quality of some of the LG Channels (some channels have higher Bandwidth), but switching and displaying most of the channels are populating now much quicker, and in most cases, the spinning color dots are not even appearing... just the channel appears.

If anyone has any suggestions as to if there is any Port Range I should change to and if I should be using TCP/UDP instead, it would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Port Forward office.jpg
    Port Forward office.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 7

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.