Rsync between two NAS stopped working

Currently reading
Rsync between two NAS stopped working

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. Windows
I know that this might not be relative to Synology but someone here might help.
4 days ago I backed up a folder from Synology NAS to my Ex4100 WD it worked fine I left for the weekend and returned and suddenly the Synology job isn’t activating it says my WD is online but I get an error every time I activate the job, my remote server on the WD is on and running. the Synology is giving me this kind of error
2020-12-07_123543.jpg

so what am I missing here it was working normally suddenly after the weekend it stopped.

I know that this might not be relative to Synology but someone here might help.
4 days ago I backed up a folder from Synology NAS to my Ex4100 WD it worked fine I left for the weekend and returned and suddenly the Synology job isn’t activating it says my WD is online but I get an error every time I activate the job, my remote server on the WD is on and running. the Synology is giving me this kind of errorView attachment 2573
so what am I missing here it was working normally suddenly after the weekend it stopped.
Best check if rsync is running on the destination side and also check /var/log/messages on your syno side via ssh for some more insight on this error.

So I found the solution I'll post it for future reference, the problem was with the files on the NAS taking a Date greater than 2037 I used touch cmd in ssh to modify the files and all done worked like a charm. to view such problems with rsync I used the rsync log located under /var/log/rsync.error or rsync.log.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.