rsync - delete files from destination which are not on source and are 1 week old

Currently reading
rsync - delete files from destination which are not on source and are 1 week old

NAS
DS1819
Operating system
  1. Windows
I have hyperbackup running from source NAS to destination NAS with the below settings
  • Backup type - Rsync
  • Options - reserve backup file at destination
  • With this i have a backup method that results in a file/fodler structure in the 2nd NAS, withut the hyperbackup proprietary format or tools
I have the below cronjob on source NAS via task schedule which deletes files on the destination NAS which are not present in source NAS.

rsync -avh --delete /path/to/source user@wan_ip:/path/to/destination

I want to modify the cron job so that it deletes files from destination which are not present on source and 1 week old.
something like:

rsync -avh --delete(1 week old) /path/to/source user@wan_ip:/path/to/destination

Is there a way to do this?

THe source and destination NAS both have multiple folders on which this Job has to run.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.