Currently reading
DSM 7.0 Rsync problems

NAS
1511+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi, I am using rsync to backup a Debian server to my NAS. I use commands included in a bash script. It has been working fine for 1 year.
Since I upgraded to DSM 7.0 I get this error:
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender] rsync error: unexplained error (code 44) at io.c(226) [sender=3.1.1]
I have contacted Synology support without success...

I would like to modify de ssh_config and change the port but I do not know how to do it without accessing the SSH and learning the syntax of the linux distro that Synology uses. I am a windows user and have a very basic knwoledge of Linux.
I have downloaded the file from Synoloy to my Windows by using WinSCP and I have modified it but I cannot replace the file because I need root permissions...
It seems thas Synology uses vim editor is very confusing...
Any suggestions would greatly appreciated

Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.