rsync/ssh failing

Currently reading
rsync/ssh failing

NAS
DS1817+
Hello. I have two Synology machines - a DS1813+ (Codex) and a DS1817+ (Crypt), both running DSM 6.2.4. I have an rsync task on Codex that moves a growing (currently 10TB) folder over to Crypt for backup. We recently expanded Crypt by adding in some new, larger HDDs, and also changed it from RAID 6 to SHR. When all that got done, I recreated the shared folder for backup on Crypt (codex_backup) and tried to run the rsync task again. Here is the script for the rsync task:

/usr/bin/rsync -ac --log-file="/volume1/NAS/backup_logs/logs/log.$(date +%Y%m%d%H%m%S).txt" --delete --times --sparse -e "ssh -p 53040"
/volume1/speccoll [email protected]:/volume1/codex_backup

This has always successfully brought over the speccoll folder from Codex to Crypt in the past. But this time I got the following error message email from Codex:

Task: Rsync job to crypt
Start time: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 10:48:02 GMT
Stop time: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 10:48:22 GMT
Current status: 255 (Interrupted)
Standard output/error:
Permission denied, please try again.
Permission denied, please try again.
Permission denied (publickey,password).
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(687) [sender=3.0.9]

So it looks like it's some permissions thing that changed when I did the volume/storage pool expansion on Crypt, but I'm baffled as to what it is. The sending account (codex_user) on Codex already has read/write permissions on Codex and Crypt, and I even checked under 'Privileges', and it's enabled there too. Is it an SSH thing? I can get to a remote SSH command line if necessary to do configuring. Thanks for any help!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.