Router
  1. RT1900ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Does the RT2600 support any 5G dongles?

I would like to have 5G as my main broardband as my FTTC connecion is poor but keep it as a fall over.

Option 1 - use a USB dongle with an external antenna

Option 2 - use a router in modem mode, also needs an external antenna option

Any suggestions welcome.

I can't say anything about a 5G model, but I did run a 4G Huawei USB router that was downgraded and converted to a pure "modem". It worked fine from the point of being accessible. The ISP and location of the towers were the problems, but that's a different matter.

Don't see a reason it won't detect a 5G model, but can't say anything for sure.

Thanks.

5G is weak here but have found this on Amazon with good feedback. I'm still mainly on copper with no fibre in sight so 5G is the future hopefully. Only EE have coverage but looking at the coverage map, the tower is only a few miles away in the next town so hopefully this will give me a decent signal.

Amazon product ASIN B081QCWTZX
-- post merged: --

Amazon links seems to be banned on here? EDIT - Way my adblocker, never seen that before.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    191.3 KB · Views: 32
I'm going to go with 4G until the router prices drop and the signal is much better. I can get 25/15 with Voda 4G on my phone which is much faster than my FTTC. I expect faster speeds with a router.

I'll keep my FTCC on for 6 months as a fall over before fully switching over.

I've been in contact with this company regarding bridge mode.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.