Currently reading
rt2600ac Flashing Green

Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
My Synology rt2600ac router's status light is flashing green. It never goes solid.

The manual says that this means "finding device". There's no USB or printer or anything connected.

I cannot access the device. http://192.168.1.1:8000 does not connect.

The other status lights seems to work OK. I fear this device is dead.

Does anyone know what flashing green means?

Did you try just "192.168.1.1" in your browser and let it figure out the port for itself? Mine connects on 8001 here for https.

Flashing green would say to me that the router is booted but having issues pulling the public IP from the cable modem.

Did you restart your cable modem in unison with the 2600?

Folks - I have a similar issue:
I have just purchased a Synology RT2600ac + MR2200ac to provide mesh wifi functionality. I am UK-based and connected to internet via an ADSL PlusNet router. This appears to be locked, preventing it acting as the modem for my new Synology routers. Do I need to purchase a separate (new) modem and why does my RT2600ac display "Configuration lost" when I search for it on my LAN using Synology Assistant.

FYI, I have been running a Synology NAS DS412+ successfully for years and like the DSM UI. This prompted me to explore SRM for my mesh solution.

Please can someone advise on next steps?
1) Does Plusnet router block this type of 'modem only' connection?
2) Do I need to purchase a new modem, if so any advice on compatible models?
3) Is my 'Configuration lost' error on Synology Assistant a separate issue? I can see the router in my network but can't connect to it :(
Thanks in advance folks

Welcome to the forum.

1. I can't see into your home from here so can't tell what Plusnet router you're using. A google of 'plusnet router modem mode' gets hits from Plus forum where some devices are said not to support modem mode.
  2. See 1.
  3. Not sure.
You may need a separate ADSL modem if the ISP router won't operate in this mode.

You could also try, if supported, using the ISP router's DMZ feature and send all Internet traffic to the RT2600ac's WAN port. And the RT2600ac is the only device connecting to the ISP router.

Welcome to the forum.

1. I can't see into your home from here so can't tell what Plusnet router you're using. A google of 'plusnet router modem mode' gets hits from Plus forum where some devices are said not to support modem mode.
  2. See 1.
  3. Not sure.
You may need a separate ADSL modem if the ISP router won't operate in this mode.

You could also try, if supported, using the ISP router's DMZ feature and send all Internet traffic to the RT2600ac's WAN port. And the RT2600ac is the only device connecting to the ISP router.
Hi fredbert - thanks for the advice. I'm not sure the DMZ route is one I'm confident to take - I'm a novice (in network config) and DMZ's can be risky if not configured securely.
The Plusnet router is the Hub One - 2.4GHz and 5GHz wifi but, as you confirm, it does seem to be locked down to prevent it being used soley as an ADSL modem.
Do you have any advice on what to consider when selecting a modem? I want something that's compatible with the RT2600ac and other Synology routers.
Thanks again.

Sorry no, I'm on Virgin Media cable and their Hub 3 does modem/bridge mode. I've not used ADSL at home, only dial-up and cable.

The DMZ route might seem risky but if you think about it what I'm suggesting to have this...

Internet <==> [WAN] Hub One router [LAN] <= DMZ => [WAN] RT2600ac firewall router[LAN/WLAN] <==> all home devices

There is no other device on the DMZ or connecting to the Hub One.

All devices are protected by the RT2600ac's firewall/threat prevention/safe access features. Just use a different private subnet for the LAN-side of the Hub One, e.g. 192.168.254.1 for LAN IP of Hub One and 192.168.254.2 for WAN of RT2600ac. Use something like 192.168.1.0/24 for the RT2600ac's LAN and 192.168.10.0/24 for the guest LAN.

Gulp - what you suggest seems logical - I'll dive into the Plusnet router and have a look at how to set-up that second private subnet for the LAN-side. I'm well outside my comfort zone... :)
Thanks again for your advice @fredbert - I'll report back in due course.

If all else fails, contact the ADSL provider and tell them you have your own router & get them to put their modem/router into "Bridge Mode" so it acts strictly as a cable/ADSL modem and provides no other routing functionality.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.