Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Group,

I have a Synology RT2600AC that currently has a Site to Site VPN connection with a remote location. I would like to set the router up so that traffic for this VPN connection goes to a specific VLAN on my Cisco 3560G switch. I would like this selected VLAN to be isolated from all other VLAN's but have internet access and access to the Site to Site VPN. Anyone know if this can be done, if yes, please share with me what I need to do in order to make this work.

Thank you much,
Doug

There are new VLAN capabilities in SRM 1.3, but this is yet to be released for any SRM router except the recent RT6600ax. While the rest of us wait for SRM 1.3 to be released for older routers, someone that has access to a RT6600ax may comment. You can also see if the SRM help is any use.

Welcome to the forum :)

Last edited:
I believe you misunderstood my question/intentions. I am NOT wanting to configure multiple VLAN's within the Synology Router, VLAN's will be in the Cisco switch not the Synology router, so SRM version 1.3 and the RT6600 would be irrelevant. I want the multiple VLAN's within the Cisco switch not the Synology Router. I am trying to figure out how to route the site to site VPN traffic/connection TO a specific VLAN within the Cisco switch and if it can be done, how to actually do it. Would this be something I would use the static routing feature in the Synology RT2600AC for? Thanks much.

So you just want VLAN 0 or untagged traffic on the RT2600ac and it’s interfaces?

You could assign one of the Cisco switch ports to be only on the VLAN and connect it to the router. I’m assuming the router isn’t needed to be used by any other VLAN, since the router isn’t needed to support VLANs.

Last edited:
So you just want VLAN 0 or untagged traffic on the RT2600ac and it’s interfaces?
No idea on that one, was hoping someone can tell me what I need to do to make it work the way I am wanting it to.
-- post merged: --

I already have a Site to Site VPN connection established between my Synology router at the house which is my personal home network and a different network at a remote location. I am wanting to isolate this remote network from my home network through the use of VLAN's ON THE CISCO SWITCH. Does anyone know if this can be done and if yes, how do I go about doing it?
-- post merged: --

I don't want to merge the dang posts! WTF

No response in several days tells me that apparently the Synology RT2600AC is not able to do what I am wanting to do, so it looks like I will have to get Cisco Router/ASA equipment to accomplish this, I know Cisco equipment can handle this...

I wasn't directing that reply specifically at you Fredbert, It was toward the entire forum community as I am very surprised that you are the only person who has responded to my post, so far.

As far as "what I said"... Forget what I said. I dont know what I need to do or what I am or am not looking for. The only thing I do know is what I am trying to accomplish functionality wise and I am asking the community here if anyone knows how to accomplish it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.