1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hello Everyone,

My current setup a RT6600AX as main router with (3) MR2200 and (1) RT2600AC as WiFi points in mesh mode. All have ethernet backbone except 1 MR2000 is WiFi linked to the RT2600AC, I thought it was odd that it didn't link up with the RT6600AX since its the main router and its actually closer than to the RT2600AC is to the MR2200 access point.

In the Wifi connect application in WiFi settings is the radio tab and it lists the radios 5 Ghz-1, 5 Ghz-2 and 2.4 Ghz. The "allow to switch to DFS channels" option is available and untchecked. The option for "Allow to auto switch to 5.9 Ghz" and "enable 5.9 Ghz compatibility" options are not listed at all. Any ideas as to why? Do I actually need a WiFi adapter to be transmitting first before the options would be available? I currently have only 1 WiFi 6 device which is a 2020 MacMini M1 that does support WiFi6 but none of the channels for 5.9 Ghz. Interestingly the Mac will only connect in 802.11AC mode 2X2. at 585 speed at 15 feet from the router. My 2013 iMac connects at 1300 3X3 and 30 feet aways but a different channel and an access point in my garage which is a lot further away. Whats up with that? I got my information from the dongknows website and a screen shot of the control panel with these options is listed there.

Also, does anyone know for sure what PCE Wifi Adapters work with 5.9 Ghz? NOT ALL 6 or 6E cards do! so far I know the Intel AX210 card does support 5.9 Ghz but it appears that only the Asus PCE AXE58BT adapter with the M.2 card installed in the adapter offers support for 5.9 Ghz according to ASUS. How about Fenvi AXE3000 PRO? no info from them if the 5.9 Ghz frequencies are supported.

One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post. The RT6600AX was restored from a .dss file saved from the RT2600AC router before I did a hard reset. I did update the OS to the current version prior to doing a restore.

Greetings,

I wanted to add additional information to my original post. I have determined my hard resetting the RT6600AX that the 5.9 GHz setting do show up until you start adding access points. Maybe 5.9 GHz only work when a RT6600Ax is used as an additional access point. I don’t have another one to try.

Rickish, did you ever figure this out? I'm seeing the same thing with my new pair of RT6600AXs.

I've been advised by Synology Support that the 5.9Ghz options are not available in the UK - I haven't seen this stated elsewhere. I was hoping they would improve the wireless mesh uplink stability on SRM 1.3, but sadly not an option for me.

I've been advised by Synology Support that the 5.9Ghz options are not available in the UK - I haven't seen this stated elsewhere. I was hoping they would improve the wireless mesh uplink stability on SRM 1.3, but sadly not an option for me.
You can use 5.9Ghz in UK if you go to the Router’s Control/System/regional compatibility and select United States, Although this would technically be illegal. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.